I am being asked by a number of employment service providers in Ontario that, why these changes in CaMS data are coming? and, how it can impact our existing work?
So, here are the answers to the questions. I shall be focusing only on the CaMS – ES – Employment Services part of the data changes. Please note that the new data structures based data publishing starts from April 2013.
The first set of changes are introduced in the CLIENT related data.
Two existing fields will be edited:
1) PERSON_WITH_DISABILITY – (Inside data file, instead of 1 or 0 , Y or N shall be published)
2) PHONE_EXTENSION: (the characters length has been increased to 10)
Three new fields are being introduced:
1) DEAF(data published as Y for Yes. In a recent survey filled by 82 Employment Service Providers in Ontario – 2.4% represent Deaf stream)
2) DEAFBLIND (data published as Y for Yes)
3) FRACOPHONE (data published as Y for Yes. In a recent survey filled by 82 Employment Service Providers in Ontario – 2.4% represent Francophone stream)
CLIENT EDUCATION HISTORY
The next set of changes are coming in the clients’ education history.
A new field ”PROGRAM NAME’ is introduced. While the ‘COUNTRY’ field shall be published as a country code instead of country name.
CLIENT EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
A new field named TTY is being added in addition to the PHONE_EXTENSION field. This field represents TTY PHONE – a device for the deaf to use as phone.
The PHONE_EXTENSION field is increased in size
CLIENT FOLLOWUP EVENTS
The date format is revised to YYYY/MM/DD to make it consistent with the rest of the dates published by CaMS in all other cases.
All the IOM-Employment v3.10 customers shall get the updated version of the software as soon as the new data files are published.
For requesting IOM-Employment demo please visit: